Monday 5 October 2015

Monthly round-up: September

Photocred: cartoondollemporium.com

Happy Autumn everybody! 
I'm not sure If I'm alone with this thought, but I'm really looking forward to Autumn being here - snuggly blankets, PJs, hot chocolate.. I love the comfort of Autumn and the excuse to curl up inside with a good book! I can't quite believe how fast this year's going though and that I'm already on my September round-up.... eeek!

Things I've Done: 

September was a massively busy month. It was my Sisters 21st birthday, so we went out for a family meal and some drinks to celebrate. It was nice to spend some quality time with the family and for a happy occasion, which was welcome after the past few months. 
My sisters 21st birthday cake

We had our first dinner party with friends, my best friend Livi and her boyfriend Tom came over for a night of food, drink and boardgames. We felt pretty grown up but we had so much fun! I can't wait to do it again. I went out for drinks in Leeds, again with Livi and Tom and our other friend Tom (I know, it gets confusing). It's the first night out we'd been on in ages and we really enjoyed it. 

Books

Books I've won:
A signed copy (!) of The A to Z of You and Me by James Hannah

NetGalley approvals:
One Wish In Manhattan, Mandy Baggot
Christmas At Lilac Cottage, Holly Martin
The Hidden Legacy, G J Minett
As Good As Dead, Elizabeth Evans


Books I've Read:
Book of the Month:


A creepy, gripping crime thriller that I devoured. This is the second book in the DC Knight series and didn't disappoint, You can read my full review here



Things I've Watched:
Hunted - A new documentary on Channel 4 that puts real-life people in an 'on the run' situation. They get given an hour to disapear and then have to remain on the run for 28 days. An absolutely brilliant concept that I'm hooked on - I look forward to this every week.

Doctor Foster - A gripping BBC 1 drama that follows a Doctor who finds out her husband is having an affair. A really intriguing storyline that has plenty of twists and turns. Really enjoyed.

Downton Abbey - It's baaaack! for the final ever series (sob). I'm a massive fan of Downton and although I haven't enjoyed the last few series as much as the earlier ones, I still really love cosying up on a Sunday evening and watching it. The first few episodes of this series have been really good and I'm looking forward to seeing how they'll tie it all up.

Films: 

Tomorrowland - One of the latest Disney movies, it didn't grip me really. Although I loved watching George Clooney for a few hours, the actual storyline was pretty meh.

Mission Impossible - I think once you've seen one of these films, you've seen them all. That theory stuck with the latest one, which had a whole load of fight scenes and not a whole lot of plot. Another meh!

What have you been up to in September? Read any books you'd recommend? Let me know in the comments below! Laura x

No comments:

Post a Comment