Thursday 3 December 2015

Little Northern Christmas - Book Review: The Boy Under The Mistletoe by Katey Lovell

Kate Beeden

"Every Happily Ever After began with a Once Upon a Time…
After working a busy Christmas Eve shift at her family's flower shop, Chelsea can barely keep her eyes open for her Gran's annual festive get-together. Can her Christmas dreams come true under the mistletoe?"



Katey Lovell released the first in the Meet Cute series in October and I think I can safely say they've gone down a storm. They are a collection of short stories, designed to read in a quick ten minute break, and they look at the meeting of two people. The stories so far have been full of chemistry and romance, as well as intriguing characters, and the latest story, The Boy Under The Mistletoe is no different. 

It's hard to go into detail about the stories as they are so short, so if I tell you what I know then I'd be pretty much telling you the whole story (if that makes sense?!) so I'll just say this one looks at two characters who meet under the mistletoe. As usual with the Meet Cute series, the two characters jump off the page thanks to the great description about them- which isn't easy to do with such a limited word count available - and left me wanting to know more. More about them, about their meeting, about their future. I WANT MORE! Dammit! 

I love the Meet Cute series. They are perfect short stories packed with romance. I read this one on the train home from work and I found it relaxed me, made me feel all Christmassy and festive and just left me with a smile on my face. 

I'm immensely proud of Kate. This sounds super-soppy, I know, but I met her at a blogger's event earlier in the year and I remember her telling me about her writing. Now, to actually be reading one of her books, is a fab feeling and I'm so chuffed she's doing well. I can't wait for more! 

If you have a few minutes spare over the festive period I'd really recommend you get this book. It can be read in the time it takes to sip on some Bailey's and eat a slice of Christmas Cake, so it's the perfect excuse for a quick ten minute break! 


Links: 

No comments:

Post a Comment