Wednesday 22 July 2015

Six in Six, 2015 - my year in books so far...


6

I stumbled across the Six in Six 2015 meme over on The Book Jotter's blog and thought it looked like a great way to summarise my year in books so far. Jo has a few suggestions for different categories or you can make your own - I did a mixture of the two. My answers are below, with links to any books that I've reviewed. If you have a go, send me a link to your post below, I'd love to read it, and also remember to post back to The Book Jotter.






Six books I have enjoyed the most: (This was so difficult!)


1. Ivy Lane, Cathy Bramley 
2. I Let You Go, Clare Mackintosh
3. Summer at Shell Cottage, Lucy Diamond 
4. The Vintage Guide to Love and Romance, Kirsty Greenwood
5. The Broken, Tammy Cohen
6. Silent Scream, Angela Marsons





Six books by authors I've never read before: 

1. Learn to Love Again, Ellen Faith
2. The Very Happy Afterlife of Rosie Potter (RIP), Kate Winter

3. Fairytale Beginnings, Holly Martin
4. Don't Turn Around, Caroline Mitchell
5. The Temp, Emily Benet
6. The Great Village Show, Alexandra Brown


Six book covers I love:






1. Ivy Lane, Cathy Bramley
2. Appleby Farm, Cathy Bramley (can I just put all of Cathy Bramley's books?!)

3. The Day We Disappeared, Lucy Robinson
4. Just The Way You Are, Lynsey  James
5. His Other Life, Beth Thomas
6. Pippa's Cornish Dream, Debbie Johnson

Foodie stories I enjoyed:
1. The Dish, Stella Newman
2. The Cake Shop in the Garden, Carole Matthews
3. Game of Scones, Samantha Tonge
4. Summer at Little Beach Street Bakery, Jenny Colgan 
5. The Gingerbread Cafe Trilogy, Rebecca Raisin
6. Afternoon Tea at the Sunflower Cafe, Milly Johnson

Six books from some of my favourite authors:

1. The Year of Taking Chances, Lucy Diamond
2. Three Amazing Things About You, Jill Mansell 
5. I'll Take New York, Miranda Dickinson
6. Village Fortunes, Rebecca Shaw

Six books that are on my bookshelf, shouting out to be read 
1. The Love Shack, Jane Costello 
2. Trouble at the Little Village School, Gervase Phinn
3. The Dead Wife's Handbook, Hannah Beckerman
4. The Memory Book, Rowan Coleman 
5. The Girl on the Train, Paula Hawkins
6. Yours Truly, Kirsty Greenwood

5 comments:

  1. Oh this is a cute way to do a roundup of fave books, although I doubt I've read six books about food this year! There are definitely some books I really want to read on your lists, so I'm glad they have made the faves list.

    Sundays and Ink | http://sundaysandink.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good isn't it? As soon as I saw the post I knew I had to give it a go. Ah I love books that have food as an underlying theme so I'm always on the lookout for teashops, baking etc in a book!

      Will be sure to check out your page :)

      Delete
  2. I just love Cathy Bramley, I am going to wait for the whole books as opposed to the parts.

    Thank you for joining in my meme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I do too.. I think waiting between each section would be too much for me!

      Oooh I really enjoyed it, thanks for doing it!

      Delete
  3. The website is looking bit flashy and it catches the visitors eyes. Design is pretty simple and a good user friendly interface. romantic restaurants

    ReplyDelete