Okay, I know I'm REALLY late to this party, considering it's already (somehow) April. But I'm hoping you'll take pity on me seen as how I only entered the big wide world of blogging recently!
One thing I've seen quite a bit of is reading challenges. There's the Goodreads one, which challenges you on how many books you read in the year, but then I saw the Popsugar 2015 Reading Challenge through reading one of my favourite blogs, Jenny in Neverland who regularly posts about the books she's read while doing this challenge.
I liked the sound of this one as it encourages you to come out of your comfort zone and read things that you usually wouldn't. I think it introduce me to new genres and authors that I will hopefully really like!
Seen as it's already a quarter through the year, I am going to backdate BUT no cheating for me - I'm only going to include any books I've read since 1st January 2015. From now on, I'll post any books I read for the challenge too to keep you updated as well as logging my progress.
I've completed the following so far:
- A book published this year - The Year of Taking Chances, Lucy Diamond
- A funny book - His Other Life, Beth Thomas
- A book by a female author - Ivy Lane, Cathy Bramley
- A mystery or thriller - I Let You Go, Clare Mackintosh
- A book from an author you love that you haven't read yet - The Time of My Life, Cecila Ahern
- A book based entirely on its cover - A Seaside Affair, Fern Britton
- A book you can finish in a day- The Lie, C.L Taylor
- A book by an author you've never read before - The Day We Disappeared - Lucy Robinson
To be honest, these ones were a dream to complete- they didn't take me out of my comfort zone too much and I've enjoyed each and everyone. Most of the ones left are going to be more of a challenge for me - some take me out of my preferred genre, but, it wouldn't be a challenge without those more difficult options, and I'm actually looking forward to trying some new authors, genres and books. I'll keep you posted!
Have you taken part in a challenge this year? how are you doing with it?