Wednesday 18 November 2015

WWW Wednesdays


WWW Wednesday's is a meme hosted by Sam over on her blog, Taking on a World of Words. It's a really fun way to share what you've been reading and what you plan to read, so I thought I'd give it a go! 

1. What are you currently reading?

Conditional Love by Cathy Bramley

I'm really, really enjoying this so far. It has all the magic and intrigue of a typical Cathy Bramley story. I love her writing style and engaging characters and can't wait to see how the story unfolds (I'm about half way through). Keep an eye out for a review once I'm finished! 


Blurb: 
What surprises might life have in store for you?

A takeaway, TV and tea with two sugars is about as exciting as it gets for thirty-something Sophie Stone. Sophie’s life is safe and predictable, which is just the way she likes it, thank you very much.

But when a mysterious benefactor leaves her an inheritance, Sophie has to accept that change is afoot. There is one big catch: in order to inherit, Sophie must agree to meet the father she has never seen.

Saying ‘yes’ means the chance to build her own dream home, but she’ll also have to face the past and hear some uncomfortable truths…

With interference from an evil boss, warring parents, an unreliable boyfriend and an architect who puts his foot in it every time he opens his mouth, will Sophie be able to build a future on her own terms - and maybe even find love along the way?


2. What did you recently finish reading?


Follow Me by Angela Clark 

I absolutely LOVED this book - a gripping, twisty thriller with a dynamic edge. Read my full review here 

Blurb: 


"LIKE. SHARE. FOLLOW . . . DIE

The ‘Hashtag Murderer’ posts chilling cryptic clues online, pointing to their next target. Taunting the police. Enthralling the press. Capturing the public’s imagination.

But this is no virtual threat.

As the number of his followers rises, so does the body count.

Eight years ago two young girls did something unforgivable. Now ambitious police officer Nasreen and investigative journalist Freddie are thrown together again in a desperate struggle to catch this cunning, fame-crazed killer. But can they stay one step ahead of him? And can they escape their own past?

Time's running out. Everyone is following the #Murderer. But what if he is following you?

ONLINE, NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU SCREAM …"


3. What do you think you’ll read next?


I'm going to start reading my festive christmassy books next. I'm going to be doing a 'festive reads' blog post, outlining all the books I'll be reading in the build up to Christmas and over the festive period. I can't wait as I have loads of beautiful looking and brilliant sounding stories to dive into, but I think I'll start with The Winter Wedding by Abby Clements, which I was kindly sent recently by the publishers of the book, Simon & Schuster. 

Blurb: 
"Hazel never set out to be a wedding planner. She was just helping her stressed sister Lila with cakes and décor for her big day. But when Lila and Ollie's summer ceremony is a runaway success, with guests raving about the food and styling at the pretty venue, word about Hazel's expertise soon spreads.

But Hazel's clients expect the very best - she's promised lawyers Gemma and Eliot a snow-covered castle in the Scottish Highlands, and laidback couple Josh and Sarah a bohemian beach wedding in a Caribbean paradise. But as weather, in-laws and wilful brides conspire against her, can Hazel get two very different couples to walk up two very different aisles to say 'I do'? And will she find her own happy ending if she does?"


I hope you enjoyed this post, I'd love to hear what you're reading - let me know in the comments below! Also if you have any recommendations, feel free to share! :) 

1 comment:

  1. The Winter Wedding looks like a nice, Christmassy read. And I've been hearing good things about Follow Me - one blogger said they were terrified but couldn't put it down! :-)
    Here's my WWW: https://clairehuston.wordpress.com/2015/11/18/www-wednesday-18th-november-2015/
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete