Sunday 15 November 2015

The Reading Habits Book Tag

The Reading Habits Book Tag


When I was having my daily dose of blog reading I came across this tag on Book Boodle's blog and I was eager to give it a go as it looked like fun to complete! So why not grab a cuppa and  a snack and find out about my reading habits! 

Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
I have two places I love to read. The first is in bed... snuggling under the duvet with the lamp on and candles burning, it's so cosy and relaxing. I also have a swivel armchair in the living that is SO comfy I also love sitting there to read. 


Bookmark or random piece of paper?
I usually use a bookmark if there's one to hand, though I have been known to use train tickets, receipts, random torn up paper... whatever will mark the page!


Can you just stop reading or do you have to stop at the end of a chapter/a certain amount of pages? 
I try to reach the end of a chapter as it's a good breaking point. However, there's nothing worse than having to stop reading and the chapter being a cliff hanger! It's so hard to resist. 


Do you eat or drink while reading?
Nothing beats a good cuppa and some nice biscuits while enjoying a book. 


Multitasking: music or TV whilst reading?
No no no! I can't do multitasking when reading, I get too distracted! I don't mind reading while my other half watches a programme I'm not bothered about as I can switch off, but nothing I'm interest in or I get confused and distracted.
One book at a time or several at once?I've never been able to read more than one book at a time, I get the plots and characters mixed up and forget what belongs where. I like loosing myself in one book at a time and to fully enjoy it. 
Read at home or everywhere?
Anywhere and everywhere I have a spare moment! I read on the train during my commute to work, on my lunch break and on my way home from work. I have the kindle app on my phone so that I can also read easily when I'm working out at the gym- it helps distract me from the exercise I'm doing! Then I always finish my day by reading in bed before I go to sleep. 


Read aloud or silently in your head?
Silently in my head. I'd find it strange to read aloud!

Do you read ahead or even skip pages?
Nooo it'd spoil it for me, especially if it's a gripping thriller I'm reading. The only time I skip ahead is if I need to stop reading and so need to see how many pages I have until the end of the chapter, because, as above, I can't just stop halfway through!


Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
I try and keep them as new as possible, but it can be really difficult to do. 


Do you write in books?
NEVER! What on earth?! That would be a crime, surely!


I hope you enjoyed reading this post, it was so much fun to complete :) I'm not going to tag anyone in particular but if you want to give it a go, feel free! Please tag me in any of your posts because I'd love to see other answers. 

Happy Sunday! 

L xxx

1 comment:

  1. I love your chair for reading. It does look comfy, i wish I had a room big enough for one!

    ReplyDelete