Monday 1 February 2016

Monthly Round-Up: January


So the first month of 2016 is behind us and, if I'm honest, I'm pretty glad. You may have noticed I haven't been posting on the blog as regularly as normal, but life has seemed to be getting in the way somewhat more than usual lately, causing a disruption to my blogging schedule. A new year brought a new job for me and it's taking some getting used to. I'm enjoying it, but on an evening I'm wiped out and the longer days mean I'm not reading as quickly as I was. I'm hoping now I'm settled and more into it I'll be back to normal soon - please bear with me! 

So, here's my bookish round-up for January. 


Books I've read:

What I've bought: 
A Kindle paperwhite! I absolutely love it. Up until now I'd been reading e-books on the kindle app on my phone... not ideal due to a small and bright screen. This purchase is a revelation and I am so happy with it. I'm going to be doing a post about it soon, so keep an eye out. 

Books I've bought: 
We are all made of stars, Rowan Coleman
The Secrets of Happiness, Lucy Diamond

Books  I've received:
Summer Nights at the Moonlight Hotel, Jane Costello 
The Perfect Gift, Emma Hannigan 

Netgalley Approvals: 
How To Get Hitched in Ten Days, Samantha Tonge 
My Map of You, Isabelle Broom 
The Silent Girls, Ann Troup


Book of the month: 


I always find this such a tough decision, but I love doing it as at the end of the year it means I can look back on some of my favourite reads. This month was full of amazing books that all helped me get through the January blues with a smile on my face. I absolutely loved You and Me, Always and The Unfinished Symphony of You and Me, but January's book of the month has to go to Wickham Hall by Cathy Bramley. The story has stuck with me since reading and I keep daydreaming about the fabulous stately home setting of the story. An absolute corker of a novel that you MUST read if you haven't already! 




No comments:

Post a Comment